8 Inexpensive Ways to Lower Your Heating Bill This Winter
It’s that time of year when the cold and snow wash over us and we retreat to the warmth and coziness of our homes. But, if you’re like me, you cringe as you open each month’s electric bill. To help you get control of your electric bill this winter, here are a few INEXPENSIVE tips to help save energy and put a few $$$ back in your pocket:
- Lower the heat 5°- 10° when sleeping or not at home.
- Lock all of your windows to create a tighter seal.
- Check all windows and doors for cold air leaks and install insulating strips along any drafty spots.
- Insulate the back of any attic or crawl space doors or access panels to keep the cold air from seeping in.
- Service your heater to be sure it is running efficiently.
- Close the vents in any unused portions of the home.
- Replace aging caulk around doors and windows.
- Lower the heat 2° and put on your favorite sweatshirt.
Browse Posts by Topic